TERMS & CONDITIONS
South Shore Style Photo Contest
The South Shore Style Photo Contest (“Contest”) is intended for viewing and participation in California only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of California. Please do not enter if you are not a legal resident of, and not located in, California at the time of entry. VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest starts July 10th, 2019 at 9:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends July 21, 2019 at 11:59:00 PM PT (“Contest Period”).
2. SPONSOR: Alameda Multi Family Owner LLC, One Maritime Plaza, Suite 1900, San Francisco, CA 94111 is the Sponsor of this Contest (“Sponsor,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must be a legal resident of California, be 18 years of age or older, a current leaseholder at South Shore Apartments, be a resident at South Shore Apartments, and, as of the start of the Contest Period, have an Instagram account and Internet access. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win the Prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after July 8, 2019, was or is a director, officer, or employee of the Sponsor, or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, or service agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Contest or engaged in the administration or execution of the Contest (collectively with the entities in 3(a), the “Contest Entities”); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as biological or step-mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Void where restricted or prohibited. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, approved or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, visit https://southshorealameda.com/contest, read these Official Rules and follow the instructions to enter the Contest. To enter, you must:
1. Follow us on Instagram @SouthShoreAlameda.
2. Post photos that showcase your South Shore interior decorating style, along with #SouthShoreStyle (the designated “Hashtag”) via your public Instagram profile (your “Submission”).
To be eligible for any prize, your Submission must meet the following requirements (“Submission Requirements”):
Your Submission must not (i) be unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, or contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or otherwise contain any other content that is objectionable in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (ii) be in violation of the rights of others (e.g., the intellectual property rights of third-parties); or (iii) put South Shore Apartments in a false, derogatory or negative light or otherwise tarnish the reputation or image of the South Shore Apartments.
Your post must be an actual South Shore apartment (photos of non-South Shore apartments will be disqualified from the Contest).
Any images of people should be provided with the approval of the individual in the photo. If you do not have a person’s permission, please do not include the photo in your submission.
Your photo must be posted to Instagram and must include the “Hashtag”.
Prior to posting your photo entry, your Instagram profile must be set to “public”. Your profile must remain public through the entire duration of this Contest.
You agree to email us a high-resolution, unedited and unfiltered version of your photo if you are selected as a winner.
Entries that do not meet these criteria will not be considered during the winner selection process. All entries must be received by July 21, 2019 at 11:59:00 PM PT to be eligible. Persons may not enter using robotic, programmed or any other automated means of entry. At any time during the Contest Period, Sponsor may determine that a Submission fails to meet the Submission Requirements and may remove the Submission from consideration.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By entering the Contest, you warrant and represent that the Submission submitted by you is your own original work created by you or a work that you have obtained lawfully and/or via a valid license, has not been previously published, has not won a previous prize or award, that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission and that your Submission does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity and/or privacy. Please understand that submitting a Submission that is copyrighted by another individual, or otherwise subject to the rights of another individual, including containing an image of a person without their permission, will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you. Likewise, you agree to indemnify Sponsor against any claims made by individuals pictured in the Submission that may contest Sponsor’s right to use the Submission in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
By submitting an entry into the Contest, you grant to the Sponsor the right, without limitation, to display the Submission online and in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Further, you agree to grant to the Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of your Submission, for any purpose whatsoever without further compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, license, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit your Submission, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation.
6. WINNER SELECTION: A panel of judges who are employees of Sponsor and/or marketing partner affiliates (“Judges”) will review all Submissions. This judging period will occur between the dates of July 22, 2019 and July 24, 2019. The Judges will consider the following criteria when evaluating each Submission:
· Decor/Interior Design (25%)
· Functionality/Use of Space (25%)
· Quality of Photo/Lighting (25%)
· Uniqueness/Originality/Creativity (25%)
The Judges will give each Submission a score based upon the criteria listed above. The top Submission will be eligible for the Grand Prize (“Potential Grand Prize Winner”). In the event of a tie, a Potential Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the highest score in the category of “Décor/Interior Design.” Judges’ decisions are final. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be announced on or about July 25, 2019. After the Potential Grand Prize Winner has been selected, the five (5) Submissions with the next highest scores will be selected as runners-up and will be eligible for a Runner-Up Prize (together with the Potential Grand Prize Winner, “Potential Winners”). In the event of a tie, the winners of the Runner-Up Prizes will be determined by the highest score in the category of “Décor/Interior Design.”
The Potential Winners will be required to execute and return, within thirty (30) calendar days of issuance of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & IP and Publicity Release and a W-9 form (“Prize Documents”). If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return the Prize Documents within the specified time period or is found to be ineligible, that Potential Winner will be deemed disqualified and will forfeit their Prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will select the Submission with the next highest score. The odds of winning depend on the skill of the participants in submitting their entry.
7. PRIZES: There is one (1) grand prize (awarded to the “Grand Prize Winner”) consisting of one (1) $500 Amazon Gift Card (“Grand Prize”). There are five (5) runner-up prizes (awarded to a “Runner-Up Winner”) consisting of one (1) $25 Amazon Gift Card (“Runner-Up Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all Prizes = $625 USD.
The Prizes are not transferable, not assignable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the Prizes (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All Prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Potential Winners will be notified via Instagram comment on Submission post and via Instagram Direct Message approximately ten (10) business days following selection. If the Potential Winners are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, decline to accept the Prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact the Potential Winners within a reasonable period, or in the event that the Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize may be awarded to alternate Potential Winners. Before being declared a Grand Prize Winner or Runner-Up Winner, the Potential Winners will be required to execute and return the Prize Documents or the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to alternate Potential Winners.
Allow approximately 2 weeks for verification. Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason beyond their control. The Prize will be awarded to only a verified Grand Prize Winner or Runner-Up Winner.
By accepting the Prize, the Grand Prize Winner and the Runner-Up Winners consent to the use of their names, addresses (city and state), biographical information, voices, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity, Contest or advertising carried out by Sponsor or its designees in any and all media now known or hereafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. Winners may be asked to appear at Sponsor’s Prize announcement presentation for the Contest.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated registrations/entries will be void.
If a dispute arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the proper entrant will be the authorized account holder of the Instagram profile used to enter the Contest. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the Instagram profile associated with the social media post “Submission.”
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, incomplete, undelivered, or inaccurate registrations or entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
Contest Entities and Instagram do not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted. Contest Entities and Instagram are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellite, cable Internet service providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Contest; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in the offering or announcement of any Prize or in any Prize notification documents or any other Contest-related materials; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature, including, but not limited to, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest; or (f) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) at any time and for any reason, including if fraud, technical failures, including any network, server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Contest.
As a condition of entering, entrants agree: (a) to release Contest Entities and Instagram from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will any entrant be entitled to attorneys’ fees and court costs.
If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The Contest is governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the State of California.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Winner (available after August 12, 2019), send a self-addressed postage stamped envelope to: “South Shore Style Photo Contest– Winner’s Name”, One Maritime Plaza, 1900, San Francisco, CA 94111 to be received by Septemer 12, 2019. Winner’s name will be sent after the prize has been awarded.